Tsavo West National Park
Tsavo West National Park is bisected from Tsavo East National Park by the Mombasa-Nairobi road and the railway line. It is relatively small but offers unique attractions that are worth the experience.
The park impresses safari-lovers with its startling contrasts of ancient lava flows, scenic sweeping hills, magical baobab trees, and the deep green of Mzima springs.
It also hosts a natural Ngulia Rhino sanctuary. We conduct intensive game drives during these 4 days Tsavo East Tsavo West Amboseli Safari.
We shall cover the greenery locations around the Mzima springs, volcanic terrain close to the shetani lava flow, and the sanctuary thicket. Rhino, Elephant, warthogs, Leopard, Lion, Buffalo, and Giraffe might be seen together with crocodiles, species of fish, and Hippos.
Attractions in Tsavo West National Park
- Major attractions in the park include Mzima springs-underground springs forming massive water pools where Hippos, crocodiles, species of fish are viewed.
- Exotic birds are common in this area
- Shetani lava flow- this vast expanse of folded black lava spreads for 50 sq km across the savannah near the Chyulu Hills, looking strangely as if Vesuvius dropped its comfort blanket here
- Nearby are the shetani caves
- Ngulia Rhino Sanctuary -A 90 sq km area protected in Tsavo West National Park. It is believed that 70 black Rhinos are found in this area. The chances of spotting them are rather very small as the area is busy!