The Iconic 4 Days Rwanda Safari Gorilla Trekking & Golden Monkey Experience
4 Days Rwanda Safari for Golden Monkey Tracking and Gorilla Trekking Adventure. This 4 Days Rwanda Safari is a Comprehensive 4 Days Safari Itinerary in Rwanda that offers golden monkey, gorilla trekking, Kigali City tour plus a Hike to Dian Fossey Grave. The 4 Days Rwanda Safari is an exploration of Kigali City, Gisenyi, Dian Fossey Hike, and Volcanoes national park. A 4 Days Rwanda Golden Monkeys and Gorillas Tour to see mountain gorillas in Rwanda costs $2,120 per person, excluding international flights.
- Day 1: Arrival and Transportation to Ruhengeri
- Day 2: Tracking Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park
- Day 3: Golden Monkey Tracking
- Day 4: Kigali City Tour & Airport Transfer
Detailed 4 Days Rwanda Safari
Day 1: Arrival and Transportation to Ruhengeri
This evening you arrive in Kigali for the 4 Days Rwanda Safari. When you arrive, one of our representatives will greet you and drive you to the lodge.
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge (D) or Volcanoes Virunga Lodge for the night.
Day 2: Tracking Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park
Early start to Ruhengeri, to start the 4 Days Rwanda Safari with Gorilla tracking for these 2 days. The next two days’ activities may be amongst the most exciting and challenging of our entire expedition. Only 700 Mountain Gorillas exist in the entire world; those found in the Volcanoes National Park.
One of five habituated family groups is home to the gorillas that we are permitted to track. For up to five years each, these groups have undergone a very delicate process that has gradually taught them to accept human presence for a short time each day and allowed a select group of privileged visitors to interact with them in the wild.
About Volcanoes National Park Rwanda
The gorillas are by no means tame and are completely wild animals. However, experienced guides will accompany us on our tracking, many of who have been involved in the habituation process themselves. In order to find the group, the guides will use information from the previous day and their understanding of the gorillas’ habits.
Because of this, the amount of time it takes to track a gorilla can range greatly, from 30 minutes to up to 8 hours before it returns to base. Our group will be given a maximum of an hour with the gorillas once they have been found. This is one of the world’s truly memorable experiences – a look into one of these magnificent creatures’ eyes brings home the bond that exists between them and us. Additionally, it emphasizes how fragile their situation is and how our presence here helps to ensure their survival. They are on the verge of extinction.
Volcanoes Virungas/Mountain Gorilla View Lodge (B/ L/ D) for the night.
Day 3: Golden Monkey Tracking
This morning you participate in another adventure tracking the “Little Primates” of the Virungas, the Golden Monkey (Cercopithecus Kandti), now listed by the IUCN as endangered because of their small numbers. The track will take up the majority of the day, and we will be a part of a small group of no more than six people. You return to Kigali in the later afternoon.
Overnight: Kigali Serena Hotel (B/ L/ D).
Day 4: Kigali City Tour & Airport Transfer
Today begins with a 4 Days Rwanda Safari tour of the city in the morning, which is followed by an early lunch and a transfer to the airport for our departure (B, L).
End of 4 Days Rwanda Golden Monkeys and Gorillas Tour
4 Days Rwanda Golden Monkeys and Gorillas Safari Inclusions and Exclusions
- Transportation in a tour van/Land cruiser.
- Gorilla trekking permit of $1500pp
- Gorilla Tracking permit
- Service of an English -speaking tour guide/driver.
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Park admissions
- Accommodation on full board.
- Entrance fees to all destinations as per the program.
- Transfer to and from the airport
- All activities not mentioned in the program.
- Phone calls bills
- International transfers.
- Gratitude to tour guides
- Personal insurance
- Personal effects of any nature.
- Hotel fees before and after the 4 Days Rwanda Golden Monkeys and Gorillas Tour.
Proposed East Africa Safari Adventures and Journeys of Interest
- 6 Days Uganda Kenya Tour
- 7 Days Rwanda Uganda Tour
- 8 Days Kenya Uganda Luxury Safari
- 8 Days Kenya Uganda Tour
- 9 Days Kenya Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Kenya Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Uganda Kenya Tanzania Safari
- 10 Days Rwanda Kenya Tanzania Safari
- 11 Days Kenya Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 11 Days Kenya Uganda Safari
- 11 Days Uganda Kenya Zanzibar Safari
- 11 Days Rwanda Kenya Safari
- 12 Day Kenya Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 13 Days Uganda Kenya Tanzania Safari
- 14 Days Across Africa Safari
- 14 Days Rwanda Tanzania Safari
- 15 Days Kenya Rwanda Tour
- 16 Days Kenya Uganda Safari