Perfect 7 Days Rwanda Safari (Best Gorilla Trekking) – 1 Week in Rwanda
7 Days Rwanda Safari for Primates Tracking and Boat Cruise. This 7 Days Rwanda Safaris is a Comprehensive 1 week itinerary in Rwanda that offers wildlife, golden monkey, chimpanzee, and gorilla trekking plus a boat cruise on Lake Ihema. The 7 Days Rwanda Safari is an exploration of Akagera national park, Nyungwe forest national park, and Volcanoes national park.
The 7 Days Rwanda Gorilla, Wildlife, and Chimpanzee Safari lets you explore Rwanda’s top travel destinations in detail. You will reach historical places, take part in cultural activities, observe wildlife, and appreciate Rwanda as a country. The safari takes you to Volcanoes National Park, Dian Fossey, Nyungwe National Park, and the Genocide Memorial where the bodies of over 1500 people are buried.
7 Days Rwanda Gorilla, Wildlife, and Chimpanzee Safari takes you to Volcanoes National Park for Gorilla Trekking, Lake Kivu, Nyungwe Chimpanzee Tracking, Optional/Additional Wildlife Viewing in Akagera National Park, cultural visits in the city of Kigali to the sites of the genocide and the national museum.
7 Days Rwanda Safari Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking.
- Day 3: Transfer to Kibuye on the shores of Lake Kivu
- Day 4: Transfer to Gisenyi.
- Day 5: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 6: Mountain Gorilla Trekking
- Day 7: Transfer back to Kigali
Detailed 7 Days Rwanda Safari
Day 1: Transfer to Nyungwe Forest National Park
After breakfast, drive southwest to Nyungwe Forest National Park. On the way visit the city of Butare, the second capital of the country after Kigali. Visit here the National Museum, the National University, and the Botanical Gardens. Continue and make another stop in Nyanza for a visit to the palace of the ancient King Mwami.
Located at a high altitude, Nyungwe Forest is simply placed on a land of 970 square kilometers and it is very clear that it creates its own climate from its own biodiversity. Upon arrival in Nyungwe, join the evening walk through the forest. Dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Forest Lodge/Guest House Gisakura.
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking
After an early morning breakfast, head to park headquarters for a briefing on chimpanzee trekking. After this, you will go on a chimpanzee trek in the forest. The time it takes to encounter chimpanzees is unpredictable but usually lasts between 3 and 10 hours.
Along the way, you will encounter other primate species native to this park such as the silver monkey, owl-faced monkey, Ruwenzori colobus monkey, L’hoests monkey and grey-cheeked mangabey, and many more. Return for dinner and overnight at Nyungwe Forest Lodge/Gisakura Guest House.
Day 3: Transfer to Kibuye on the shores of Lake Kivu
After breakfast, drive through the natural forest of Cyamudongo to the hot springs of Bugarama. It is essentially the largest source of water in the country. If planned, you can take a hot bath in hot water. Next, visit the Rusizi River for a day trip with lunch en route. After transfer to Kibuye town for dinner and overnight at Moriah Hills Hotel or Kibuye Guest House
Day 4 of 7 Days Rwanda Safari: Transfer to Gisenyi
After your morning breakfast, take your time to visit Kibuye and later travel to Gisenyi by speedboat or vehicle. Either way, you will enjoy your trip as you pass through scenic areas, which will make it enjoyable.
Dinner and night at the Kivu Serena Hotel/Hotel Malahide
Day 5: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast, embark on a short nature walk along the shores of Lake Kivu in Gisenyi. Later transfer to Volcanoes National Park after lunch in Gisenyi town. Join the Parc Des Volcans in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Virunga Volcanoes Lodge / Sabinyo Silver Back Lodge / Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / Kinigi Guest House / Hotel Muhabura.
Day 6 of 7 Days Rwanda Safari: Gorilla Hike
After breakfast, leave your lodge with your packed lunch at the ORTPN offices for briefing and escort and gorilla tracking ranger. You will then begin your trek to the gorillas. Once you encounter the trunks of the bamboo forest, you also notice the first sound of bamboo breaking indicating that the gorillas are closer.
Get ready for a pleasant encounter with the gorillas and a wonderful experience. Stay with the gorillas for 1 hour, then return to your lodge or have lunch and visit the twin lakes Ruhondo and Bulera in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Virunga Volcanoes Lodge / Sabinyo Silver Back Lodge / Mountain Gorilla View Lodge / Kinigi Guest House / Hotel Muhabura.
Day 7: Transfer back to Kigali
After breakfast, take a short tour of Ruhengeri, then return to Kigali and arrive in time for lunch. The return is at your hotel in Kigali or at the airport for your return flight.
End of 7 Days Rwanda Safari
Are you interested in this 7 Days Rwanda Gorilla, Wildlife, and Chimpanzee Safari or do you need more information about this trip? Tell us about your travel needs below and we’ll plan a great trip to see the gorillas with you.
7 Days Rwanda Safari Inclusions and Exclusions
- Transportation in a tour van/Land cruiser.
- Gorilla trekking permit of $1500pp
- Chimpanzee Tracking permit
- Service of an English -speaking tour guide/driver.
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Park admissions
- Accommodation on full board.
- Entrance fees to all destinations as per the program.
- Transfer to and from the airport
- All activities not mentioned in the program.
- Phone calls bills
- International transfers.
- Gratitude to tour guides
- Personal insurance
- Personal effects of any nature.
- Hotel fees before and after the 7 Days Rwanda Gorilla, Wildlife and Chimpanzee Safari.
Luxury Africa Tours & Holidays – Deks Safaris and Tours Ltd
- 6 Days Uganda Kenya Tour
- 7 Days Rwanda Uganda Tour
- 8 Days Kenya Uganda Luxury Safari
- 8 Days Kenya Uganda Tour
- 9 Days Kenya Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Kenya Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Uganda Kenya Tanzania Safari
- 10 Days Rwanda Kenya Tanzania Safari
- 11 Days Kenya Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 11 Days Kenya Uganda Safari
- 11 Days Uganda Kenya Zanzibar Safari
- 11 Days Rwanda Kenya Safari
- 12 Day Kenya Uganda Rwanda Safari
- 13 Days Uganda Kenya Tanzania Safari
- 14 Days Across Africa Safari
- 14 Days Rwanda Tanzania Safari
- 15 Days Kenya Rwanda Tour
- 16 Days Kenya Uganda Safari